Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here is another video from when I call up a g28 command
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74FkA33fIBk

Quote Originally Posted by offroadbob View Post
    So now I am really going to sound like a newb. when I am in repetier and am in the manual control area, if call up an m119 my printer doesn't do anything only when I click the home icon does it move. on the lcd when I scroll through the menu it says max endstops off how do I turn them on? is there some other software that i can get that will work better for me?
    Your printer won't do anything when you send it M119 apart from report the end stop status. Make sure you're not in easy mode (the easy mode button should be read) and click on the Manual Control tab to the right of the window. Make sure the log is showing by clicking on the toggle log button, click on the command radio button so commands are shown and enter the M119 command in the g code field and hit send.

Ok cool thank you!. I figured out why ot wasn't homing. Some how I had configured the z0 to be right up at the endstops. Now im having the crazy twichy grinding sound coming from the stepper motors and when it should just be tracking on x and y it moves in z as well. the videos I posted (I hope that they are public) should show what I'm talking about. Thank you all for the awesome help.

It's really difficult to tell what's going on from the video, but I would double check the wiring and make sure travel on each column moves easily and doesn't bind. I'd also check the vref on the stepper drivers to make sure they're OK.

Well I figured it out. It was the stepper drivers. I must have had a set of crappy ones that I just couldn't get the power adjusted correctly. I installed a new set and bam it is working good!. Now its just time to figure out all of the settings to get the prints to come out correctly. thank you all for the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12