Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Endstop problems for a newb.

Hello all,
    I have a delta style printer, I can't plug in my endstops into the ramps board and have it turn on. If I remove the plugs from the board it will turn on and naturally the head moves away from the endstops as it thinks that they are depressed. I am at a loss as to what I can do to solve this problem. I have gone as far as to buy pretty much a combo of every electrical component again. new arduino 3 different ramps boards and a plethora of stepper drivers. Do I need new endstops? Are they really this sensitive and break all the time? thanks for the help!!!!!

Some more information would help: what type of endstops do you have? How are they wired? What happens when you plug them in and turn the printer on?

They are standard two wire type end stops. I will take some pictures and post them. But when I have them plugged into how I was told to in the directions the board will not even boot up. I think the pin out on the ramps board is signal, negative, positive. Left(min), right (max). It is plugged into the max side and they say to have it plugged into the lower two and the so positive and neg... the kit that I have is.. http://m.ebay.com/itm/331470493057?cmd=VIDESC
    I hope this helps.

The switches should definitely be connected to signal and negative only. If you made a prior wiring mistake, you may have compromised your board. Either way, this may be a symptom of a bad board.

So, potentially. My ramps board is toast or is my arduino kuput? I have them plugged into the signal and the neg pins now and each time I try and home it the head moves negative on z. Rather than moving up to bump the switches.

Ah. It wasn't clear that you had them plugged into the wrong pins before. We're getting somewhere now. It sounds like you just need to invert the logic of your end stops and you're away. The behaviour you're seeing is when the printer thinks your endstops are triggered - it will only move away from them, not toward. Send M119 to your printer to get the end stop status, then manually trigger one of them and, while holding it down, send M119 again.

So now I am really going to sound like a newb. when I am in repetier and am in the manual control area, if call up an m119 my printer doesn't do anything only when I click the home icon does it move. on the lcd when I scroll through the menu it says max endstops off how do I turn them on? is there some other software that i can get that will work better for me?

So here is a video of it running. .. what could be causing these problems? http://youtu.be/P9Ul_G4mtAg
    thank you for all the help!

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    I get a "This video is private" message. Maybe i wasn't invited to the party.

hmmm maybe this link will work sorry this was my first video uploaded to youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Ul_G4mtAg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast