Close

Refenovo 3D Bio-Printer

This printer was just shown off yesterday at CES 2014. It is a 3D Bio-Printer.

Regenovo's advantages are as follows:
    • It can print high viscosity materials
    • Cell damage rate in the printing process is low
    • The system is suitable for assembling under sterile condition

While they plan to be able to print human organs, it may take another 15-20 years. However there are many other uses for 3D Printed cells.

More info on this cool printer can be found on their site at: http://www.regenovo.com/english/

Engineer
    So Organova claims they will have printed a 3D Human Liver sometime this year, while this new company states that they will be able to but perhaps not for another 15-20 years. What's going on here. Could Organova really be this far ahead of everyone else or are they stretching the truth? It's certainly nice to see several companies entering the 3D Bioprinting Industry. I have always questioned Organova a bit. I mean if they really are about to print out a human liver within 12 months you would think a large cap biotech firm could scoop them right up. Their market cap is only $800 million which is penny for some of these 30+ billion companies out there.

My guess is that Organova is using it as some sort of publicity stunt. Thing is, aren't they a publicly traded company? Would that be considered stock manipulation of some sorts, if they know they really won't have a liver printed this year?

I'm surprised that the Regenovo 3D-Bioprinter showed up at CES.