Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Same here, don't like to sand.
    But I'm planning to print a heatsink to "wrap" around my electric motor, so its cool if the part conduct heat. And no need to sand it, it does not need to look like metal.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    actually without sanding, most of these filament give a slightly rough, pottery like texture that's quite aesthically pleasing in it's own right.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I am interested in this Filamet copper material because it is the best looking copper filament I have seen. It is perfect for creating some exclusive pieces for which you'd be willing to do the post-processing. My questions for Filamet are:

1. Will the filament be produced in 3mm?
    2. Can it be made on 250g spools for a much lower price? I am sure it will sell much better because it will be fit for creating exclusive one-offs.
    3. Are there any issues printing it on a regular FDM printer such as an Ultimaker, besides needing a hardened nozzle?

I hope this filament will be continued!

I like the look of the anvils. I wonder if it will really be that nice in the end.
    The sheer amount of polishing would drive me nuts on some things. Then again the colors are so vibrant. Imagine dual extruding different colors of this stuff in a print. Too much wasted material in the wipe tower or shell but I bet it would be nice looking.
    I cannot decide to pull the trigger or not.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

In reading up I see it is really late though I dont think I will back this one.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

I was also thinking, if it were conductive, battery holders. There are many battery holder STLs out there. Simply modding them to accept this filament as a conductor removes the need for springs and clips. 100% printable at that point.
    Last edited by appsmart; 05-14-2017 at 10:49 AM.

That would be a good application as well.
    One of the things with the filament here is that it might not be very springy.

Quote Originally Posted by appsmart View Post
    I was also thinking, if it were conductive, battery holders. There are many battery holder STLs out there. Simply modding them to accept this filament as a conductor removes the need for springs and clips. 100% printable at that point.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12