Close

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    it all depends on the servo, you just have to find that bit out when you get there... mine is 90 for extend and 10 for retract...

as to the code, you should slow down and read it, instead of thinking it is gibberish...

that code is saying if num_servo's is defined, we are going to define servo_0 to pin 5(software), if the number of servos is greater than 1 we are going to define the second servo, Servo_1, to pin 4(software).

let me find it again and i will post a link, it was page 10 if i remember correctly... i'll edit this post with the appropriate post

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?151,246132,page=10

The posts are by JWD

Engineer-in-Training
    Yup, (concerning the pin assignment) read that page and that is how I understood it as well. Just was looking for a conformation and it didn't "type" well. Thanks.

Do I need to uncomment the #define TEMP_1_PIN 5 line in pins.h in order to use pin5 for the servo?

Also, what does the following line do?

#define Z_MIN_PIN 33 //For RUMBA pin 33 is used for Z min.

It is listed in an earlier post, page 8 in that thread. This line is not in the post on page 10. I looked in my pins.h file and the z_min is already defined to pin 1. Or, If I am reading/understanding this correctly if I am plugging in the foot mounted endstop into the old location I wouldn't need this line of code.

correct, the foot probe replaced the Z endstop, so nothing should be required to change that.

and no don't uncomment that line.

the only thing you should be concerned with in that is the #define servo0

the number after that defines the software servo pin. once that servo pin is defined and you uncomment the ABL stuff and the servo stuff in config.h and flash it you shoiuld start being able to manipulate your servo so that it will start moving and you can define your servo angles

Engineer-in-Training
    For my sanity....

Plug in the servo to EXP3 (hardware) pin6 and add the following to the pins.h file...
    #ifdef NUM_SERVOS
    #define SERVO0_PIN 5 // For RUMBA PWM_1 is to be used for the servo it is on Epansion slot 3, pin 5
    #endif[/i]

Next I need to add uncomment the following in the config.h and insert some harmless numbers into the endstop values for the probe foot.
    #define NUM_SERVOS 1 // Servo index starts with 0 for M280 command

#define SERVO_ENDSTOPS {-1, -1, 0} // Servo index for X, Y, Z. Disable with -1

#define SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES {0,0, 0,0, TBD,TBD} // X,Y,Z Axis Extend and Retract angles

further up in the config.h uncomment the //to enable the ABL feature
    #define ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING // Delete the comment to enable (remove // at the start of the line)

Change the value in the min_software_endstops to be false
    #define min_software_endstops false

Change the travel speed to a move conservative value
    #define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 4000

Once all that is done I can start to test the feature and tweak my probe locations and enter the offsets...Does that about sum it up?
    Last edited by tsteever; 02-20-2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to define the number of servos

sounds about right yes

oh, don't forget in the servo area //#define num_servos 1 uncomment that as well

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks! I added that to the line above for future reference.

Engineer-in-Training
    Okay, I have got the servo working and have my initial set of numbers entered.

I gave the pronterface a g28 command and one thing I noticed is that it homes the x an y, then puts the probe down, then homes the z. Right after homing however, it lifts the probe without raising the z up and the probe rubs the bed. That doesn't seem right to me.

That is normal sadly... Thts just one of those little niggles...

Engineer-in-Training
    Really? That seems like a silly thing to keep in the code, I may have to do some reading as it just seems like trouble to me.
    Last edited by tsteever; 02-22-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    I was reading more and came across the following info...

3dprintboard.com

It looks like they are trying to solve the raising issue. In the beginning of the tutorial it says to look for the auto bed level grid. That part doesn't exist in the firmware Colin provides. i am not sure I am capable of changing the firmware. Is it possible to just change the Marlin_Main.cpp? I am not wanting all the extra features, I just want the Z to raise before the probe retracts.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast