Close

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training

Rumba and Auto-Bed level

Has anyone done this on a Rumba yet? I have read a lot on this and think I want to give it a try but all of the stuff I see and read looks to be for the Ramps boards. Any tutorials on a Rumba. I googled a few things and found where to plug the servo in...I think.

I just wanna chat with someone who has done it and gotten it working.

you might be the lucky one to figure it out on rumba much like i was on rambo :-D

Engineer-in-Training
    I think I found on Google where the servo plugs in. The switch on the foot replaces the z end stop correct?

correct, and you will need to make sure the correct pin is identified in pins.h(older versions of marlin) or pins_Rumba.h(current versions of marlin)

Engineer-in-Training
    I see the section in my firmware in relation to the ABL features. Just wondering what to expect. I have seen multiple vids (nothing for Rambo) the show the probe going to 9 spots, some to 5 and others only 3. Just wondering what actions I can expect with the firmware supplied by Colin.

...if i remember correctly unless he recently updated it that feature wasnt available...

But...

To initiate the abl sequence after installing the components and setting up your offsets you run a g28 to home the machine. If you are using safe homing it will home to the center of the bed. Then immediately after you run g29 this initiate the athe sequence. To use it properly you add a g29 to the startup code in your slicer just after the g28.

Technologist
    Do abl only works with proto or does it work with the lcd too.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    ...if i remember correctly unless he recently updated it that feature wasnt available...

But...

To initiate the abl sequence after installing the components and setting up your offsets you run a g28 to home the machine. If you are using safe homing it will home to the center of the bed. Then immediately after you run g29 this initiate the athe sequence. To use it properly you add a g29 to the startup code in your slicer just after the g28.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post

But...

I did some digging into the config.h file and found that is calls out 4 locations.

I have the components installed physically on the machine. I just need to enable them in the firmware and that is the tough part as it is the most unfamiliar to me. Working with the Rumba is the hard part even though the firmware should be pretty similar. Can someone with a better grasp of the firmware chime in? I found the schematic of the board and can plug the servo into the EXP3 connector.

I need to tell/define the firmware what pin to use for the servo pwm signal. There are two located on the board and somewhere I read that you can't use PWM_2 as it is being used for something else even though nothing is hooked up to it.

Once the servo is setup in the firmware I should be able to get it tuned in a similar fashion to all the tutorials on the webs as I understand it. One thing I find confusion as I read on this are terms like firmware forks. What are these?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer-in-Training
    So here is an odd question. Doing this mod requires the removal of the factory z endstop and moving it to an articulating foot on the extruder. If I just hit auto home, or use the Home button in pronterface, will the foot move down so the endstop can be measured? Or, does one always need to use the g29 command once you have enabled the autobedlevel? I am not a coder and am trying to learn as much as I can about this feature before fully implementing it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Ignore this...I am just using this to store for future implementation...
    Last edited by tsteever; 02-19-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast