Close

Ramps 1.4 - Marlin 1.0.2 isues

hello 3D-printing people im a programmer but new to editing code for my firmware, i had a melzi board but it broke and i bought a new board , a rams 1.4 from eBay. im trying to get the code to work but im finding it very difficult. i have followed several tutorials on you tube but unfortunately i have failed. the thing just doesn't want to do anything i connects to reprep host on the pc but that's as far as i got. it doesn't want to heat up bed or extruder no motion from any motor. and the lcd screen provided with the board just crashes it just show as me 2 displays that i attached and then if i mess with it i just displays computer language. i have also replaced the buzzer with an led as i could not take the constant buzz. i have also attached the firmware i am using. if anyone could please help me and tell me what im dong wrong i would appreciate it a lot !! or if possible a link to a pre configured firmware that i can start from and than just add some details as i am currently completely lost.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a Prusa i3 - is it? Also, your firmware wasn't attached.

The only file you should have modified is Configuration.h. Send that through with some more details of the printer and a photo showing how you've wired up the RAMPS board (we can't see it in the photo you attached).

yes ist very similar to pursa i3 , i have got it to work as in print something from the sd card but i still cant get it to move the extruder motor. ive attached the configuration.h from my marlin, the printer is using an lcd screen as can be seen from the previous picture.the other one is the firmware that works but just the extruder doesn't work, ive swapped out the motor to the x axis to check if there's a problem with the motor, switched the driver to check that but everything works just the extruder doesn't work when everything is connected in place...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you heated the hot end before trying to extrude? Marlin will prevent a cold extrude, unless you send it M302 http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code

yes i heated the hot end as suggested up to 210