Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Happy New Year everyone! I finally found time to get this project going again - there isn't better time than a night of New Year celebration I hope to get a better camera soon and make a final photoshoot....

Here are some older picture about what happens when your 3D printer messes up your print and shifts half of a piece. Anyway, there is no thing that saw, glue and putty can't fix )

Painting the robot was a lot of fun. I've done these layers:

• Prime color
    • Shadows / light surfaces
    • Weathering details
    • Chiping
    • Rust
    • Weathering sufraces
    • Oil/dirt

I overdid the chipping, but that's what happens when you're doing it for the first time

BTW: people at a maker fair though it's made out of metal. Maybe the chipping is not as bad as I though. LOL.

One of the goals of the project was to make the robot move in the nice, fluid way. A lot of work went into things that can not be shown by photos - coding and preparing the moves. To make it even more fun I had to redo some electronics - the robot stopped working after just sitting idle for half a year Anyway during the preparations I prepared a storyboards - my final animation was supposed to resemble the original movie:

I turned my flat into mini photo studio for a couple days

I'm not a photographer or filmaker - using a tripod is as far as that goes but I decided to try using a couple of spotlights and a smokemachine The smokemachine turned out to be harder than I thought. You basically have to know how to use it. Having a good camera dosn't gurantee making good photos - the same for a smoke machine. Anyway, I needed it for making photos of the lasers, so it wasn't completelly waster Oh, and I haven't reallized that smoke from smokemachine raises straight up. You need cold smoke in order for it to sit on the ground, so I had to improvise that. 5 liter bottle filled with ice cubes served as cooler for smoke:

Results:

More videos, photos and info:
    http://gits-tank.com

To celebrate the new Ghost In The Shell movie, I made a video about how awesome the tank in the old one was! I loved how it looks so much that I built a robot from scratch and I tried to match the motions as close as I could.

https://vimeo.com/212772719

BTW, the robot in the new movie is not as cool, calm and menacing. Although the rest of the movie visually is amazing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12