Close

Thread: SLS Printer

Question SLS Printer

I am looking for a less expensive SLS printer. I have been following the forums and watching the Ice9 from Norge, and Project SnowWhite from Sharebot. However I have not been able to find out any information about when, if ever, these products will make it to the market.
    Does anyone know of any other manufacturers that I could look into.
    I am looking for something around $25,000.00 or less, that has a decent sized build platform. Preferably at least one foot squared.
    Thoughts?

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Depends on whether you are talking about SLS (powder) or SLA (resin).

If you are not opposed to making something...
    http://reprap.org/wiki/OpenSLS

I am very close to trying to build my own SLS addon. I already own a 50w CO2 laser very similar (may be the same manufacturer but I have a physically smaller one, 12"x19" bed) that they used. Their results are intriguing to say the least.

I am not opposed to building something from a kit or such, but i don't think we want to start from scratch and source all of the components. I am referring to SLS, as in the powder. They tend to offer a bigger build platform than SLA, and do not require support material that needs to be removed, and wasted.
    I would prefer a complete package, with all the necessary components included. Any ideas?

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    Can phone multistation and see how much they want for the second hand machines: http://www.multistation.com/-3D-Printer-

You can quite often find very old sinter-stations going for a few k on eBay. Will likely need some work however!

There's no consumer level machines out that I know of (though that may change soon as patents have expired,) but even if there is, I think I'd go with a second hand professional machine first.