Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The F306 instructions are clear and it does what they say it's supposed to. If that's intuitive, then the answer is yes. I don't have any SLA experience so our frames of reference might be different.

With FDM printers, we've seen the full range. The cubex had proprietary slicing software that was very easy to use. Problem was if it didn't output what you needed , you couldn't adjust it. It was a good machine hobbled by proprietary software and raw materials. The TAZ and the F306 use non proprietary software which is more complex but gives you flexibility. We.need the flexibility of the non proprietary printers even though we don't like to spend time tinkering with settings.

We'll know more in a couple of weeks. Right now I'd say the TAZ is a good machine if money is your constraint. If time is your constraint it looks like the F306 is your choice. Also, the F306 can handle higher extrusion temperatures which makes it possible to use materials I don't think the TAZ can handle. (the Fusion3 guys included with my printer a print of a part I sent them done very nicely in nylon. I never could get the TAZ to print that part in any material.)

I would say my constraint is the quality of the print output for my customers. Hence why I first went for a form 1+. But I need something that will give me larger prints but not greatly reduce the quality. I don't want to consider a closed system from the larger manufacturers. From what I've seen the F306 seems to fit the bill.

The higher temperatures allowing for nylon etc is a great bonus as well.

I forgot to add a third constraint besides time and money...quality expectation. In our case, quality is determined by functionality. If visual appeal/quality is a constraint for you, then I immediately recommend the F306. I think the TAZ can produce prints near the quality you would get from the F306 but you'd really have to work at it. Overhangs of all kinds are much better on the F306. Also, the F306 does a far better job with supports. In fact, we've never gotten acceptable supports on the TAZ.

Here's a picture of the part I mentioned in an earlier post...the one I sent Fusion3Design the file of that I was trying to do on the TAZ. They printed one and sent it in the box with the printer. It's about 7" x 8" x 2" and looks really really good. I never got the TAZ to print the version you see. Had to redesign the part to make it easier for the TAZ to print.

https://plus.google.com/107006741353...ts/RRcKPwqVY1V

Add postmahomeson on Facebook Add postmahomeson on Google+
    To be honest with you with the specifications of the fusion 3 , it should dominate the 3d printing industry but that does not include those 3d printers that are $30,000+ , however for the fusion 3 idk if they have update kits but the this is one of the reasons i would recommend the 3d monstr besides the weight, the 3d monstr is a higher choice because they are one of the best overall deals around and the 3d monstr is more like a higher end of the 3d printers but a better bargian

Student
    Follow Fusion3 3D Printers On Twitter
    Good luck to the 3d Monstr - there's certainly a lot of discussion about the next gen of 3D printers with even larger build sizes. We at Fusion3 are focused on providing our customers (commercial customers ranging from Small Biz to Fortune 500 and education customers (high school, comm college & universities) the product quality and support services needed.

Quote Originally Posted by postmahomeson View Post
    To be honest with you with the specifications of the fusion 3 , it should dominate the 3d printing industry but that does not include those 3d printers that are $30,000+ , however for the fusion 3 idk if they have update kits but the this is one of the reasons i would recommend the 3d monstr besides the weight, the 3d monstr is a higher choice because they are one of the best overall deals around and the 3d monstr is more like a higher end of the 3d printers but a better bargian
    I bought my Fusion 3o6 about a month ago and have successfully printed with ABS, PLA, Nylon, T-glass, Polycarbonate. I also had a lot of questions on how to print all of those materials which Chris and Chip answered without hesitation or delay. This 3d Montsr looks good but won't be shipping until November and I have no idea how well they support their customers. I know Fusion has the best customer support I have ever seen from a manufacturing company. So you can keep your Monstr I will keep buying Fusion 306's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12