Close

Thread: Porosity issues

Porosity issues

Hello Peachy Crew..Just thought I would share my thoughts on the porosity issue on the Venus model..
    I was wondering if you factored bouyancy into your lift volume feedback that adjusts your Z axis for the next slice on the print..what I mean is

Perhaps you should measure the uncured resin volume and lift volume prior to curing then remove the projected print volume from your resin volume.
    ..then affix a finished print to the tray and sink it again into the cure vat,as if its a finished print and measure your volume..
    do this with perhaps varying prints, varying in volume and density then measure the volume displacement within the cure vat.
    This displacment might have been accounted for already if so ignore the following. I noticed in one of your earlier videos that you have a constant gravity feed for the lift volume to rise and it measures each drop that enters into the cure vat. I'm assuming that this feed volume per drip is a constant based on estimated cure time. But your resin volume rides on the lift volume and isnt subject to displacement. But as your print grows in volume it is now within the lift volume adding a varying displacement within the cure vat during print which is subject to each unique finished print.
    If you havent accounted for lift volume displacement I project that the laser is zeroing prematurely and creates a burst in the layer temp much like in the base of the Venus model (as the first few layers preheat the resin)...this then can creates an encapsulated gap... as it apptemts to reach cure temp and and finally closes the burst layer the washing away washing away the uncured leaving a burst. (the burst varying in size according to where in the slice layer its interrupted when the Z layer is adjusted)
    Hope this helps..as for the stippling (random dimpling) I sent you a pm...your gravity basin temp might need a filament warmer to keep the feed temp closer to the cure vats temp...temp variations or fluctuations also can create surface tension issues.
    Keep up the awesome work ...will be waiting to purchase one soon..
    Hear March whispering in the air!
    Last edited by Zephyr; 01-20-2015 at 08:35 AM.

You know Rylan the application for your laser mapping program boggle my mind...3d styrofoam burnishing should be your next project. I love your resonance technology...but man your mapping program blows my mind...after you finish the printer man take that thing and apply the same process on stryrom burnishing.
    Last edited by Zephyr; 01-20-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Hey Zephyr,

I just read your question and thought that you might have undestood some things wrong,
    so just to make clear:

- The Peachy Printer is a stereolithographic printer (you can wiki that)
    - The resin doesn't cure by heat but by a chemical process controlled by light
    this means that resin is cured everywhere where there is UV-Light shining on it.
    -> There is no heat needed anywhere

- The layering effect seen in the video is not caused by vibrations to the resin surface but to the printing module, especially the mirrors (as far a I understood)

- The volume of the printed object is not affecting the z-Coordinates during the print
    Why?:
    Because the z-height of the surface depends on the volume of both fluids.
    We keep adding saltwater.
    If we print, we turn some of the resin to plastic which will be floating inside the saltwater.
    So overall, the volume won't change as the printed plastic is not vanishing but still taking up space inside the fluids.

I hope I could answer some of your questions,

quertz
    Last edited by quertz; 01-24-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by quertz View Post
    - The volume of the printed object is not affecting the z-Coordinates during the print
    Why?:
    Because the z-height of the surface depends on the volume of both fluids.
    We keep adding saltwater.
    If we print, we turn some of the resin to plastic which will be floating inside the saltwater.
    So overall, the volume won't change as the printed plastic is not vanishing but still taking up space inside the fluids.
    Very well explained
    Thanks quertz !