Close

ZPrinter 450 Delicate Structures

Hi there,

I am trying to print 3D structures on the ZPrinter 450 but I am not able to print anything that won't break apart.
    Do you guys have any tips on settings for printing things that are more delicate?

I tried to print this -> http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:184694

And it didn't hold together at all. I am trying to print things that have thing parts like the model above.

Thanks!~

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    How long are you leaving the build in the machine after it finished? It needs at least an hour (and 24 hours is better)

When you do remove the model, be as careful as you brushing/blowing the excess plaster off and then there's a selection of coatings which you can use (z-bond/colour-bond etc.) these will infiltrateeeee the model and make it much stiffer.

You can also put it in an oven to dry it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSenior View Post
    How long are you leaving the build in the machine after it finished? It needs at least an hour (and 24 hours is better)

When you do remove the model, be as careful as you brushing/blowing the excess plaster off and then there's a selection of coatings which you can use (z-bond/colour-bond etc.) these will infiltrateeeee the model and make it much stiffer.

You can also put it in an oven to dry it.
    I've been leaving it for approximately 1.5 hours.
    When I start the dust removal that's when things usually start snapping apart.

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by LiMehFul View Post
    I've been leaving it for approximately 1.5 hours.
    When I start the dust removal that's when things usually start snapping apart.
    I use a silicone pastry brush on our z-corp machines. Works much better than normal paint brushes.

When you blow the excess powder off be sure that the compressor is turned right down.

You may want to look at the age of your build materials and could also try increasing (you can't do it by too much) the amount of binder it jets out.