Close

PROBLEM: when HOMING, Z moves only UP

Before printing Z carriage was at the top, I did not pay attention and start printing. After warming, the Z carriage began to rise up to the top and was not able to move more. In that moment I turn off the power to stop printer self-destroying.

After rebooting printer I run auto-homing, X&Y works perfect, but Z moves only up.
    All endstops working correctly (checked with M119 command).

I tried to disable ABL in firmware, but Z HOMING still not working ;(

PS: I have makerfarm i3 + marlin + enchanced ABL.

Z axis cable is probably backwards. Just flip it to the opposite where it plugs into the ramps board.
    Well that is if I am understanding your problem correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Z axis cable is probably backwards. Just flip it to the opposite where it plugs into the ramps board.
    Well that is if I am understanding your problem correctly.

I'm not sure.
    The fact that the printer worked fine last few months without any changes to the settings, firmware and mechanics.
    Until yesterday, when it was trying to self-destruct raising Z up when Z position already at MAX.

check to make sure your Z-endstop wires aren't broken, it's a safety feature to prevent bed crashes when no endstops are detected

Technician
    you can check your enstops status with a M119 command , that happened to me when i installed the ABL and it was a loose cable.