Close

Makerbot Replicator 1 Dual Extrusion LCD Problem

Hi, I'm a librarian that offers a 3D Printer to the public. We've had our Replicator for almost 3 years and up till now I've been able to handle all the troubleshooting myself. Here's my problem:

When I plug in and turn on my printer, the LCD screen and the Makerbot M control pad don't turn on. The RGB LED lights illuminate and the fan both work. I've removed the bottom panel and lights on the board are illuminated, so I think the board is still functioning. I can't connect to the printer using the MakerBot Desktop software, so I think it might be something deeper than just an LCD failure. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem before? Makerbot is unwilling to provide any sort of support for me. They did check and they don't have any more of the LCD/control panels in stock, so I can't just buy one and swap it out to see if that's the problem.

Any ideas?

Hi...
    i have thé same problème... Any solution?

Did you two find out what the problem was? Im having a similar issue right now

I'm also having a similar problem with my 5th gen Replicator. It's disappointing to see that there hasn't been any positive feedback