Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    best dual extrusion machine currently in existence (that I've seen or heard of anyway) is the bcn3d sigma from spain.
    As it uses two seperate heads and parks the one not in use - there is no special software needed, No wipe walls, purge columns - none of the crap.
    And it's a decent build volume and price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    best dual extrusion machine currently in existence (that I've seen or heard of anyway) is the bcn3d sigma from spain.
    As it uses two seperate heads and parks the one not in use - there is no special software needed, No wipe walls, purge columns - none of the crap.
    And it's a decent build volume and price as well.
    Never heard of it before. Looks like an interesting concept. Pricey in my opinion but not horrendously so. Good build volume. Don't like the Bowden setup though.

cheaper than ultimaker. And half price of a makerbot 5th gen ;-)

Well the bowden thing works well IF you use 3mm filament. It's thick enough that even flexible filaments feed without any real issues.

All the new, fast machines I saw had bowden setups.
    The bcn3d sigma also has an all metal hotend, auto calibration - and the aluminium case is heavy duty. 3-4 mm thick. It's an extremely well made piece of kit.

$1800 euros seemed a good price.

I think a really good one would be the spider bot. I'm sure with it's rotating head it is a very reliable performer. Too bad they announce only now an expanded volume for MAPED.
    http://www.spiderbot.eu/en/

Results?

I'm just curious if you ever did come to a conclusion and make a purchase? Also, which brand did you get in the end?

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I am curious if anyone has directly worked with both a Lulzbot and Ultimaker to see the pros and cons of the leading direct drive and bowden feed systems.

you being paid by these companies ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12