Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Ok thanks, I noticed when I got the bed temp up (used a heat gun with the bed on to assist in heating) to 110c there were parts of the print that were strong and didnt come apart. But the bed I guess cant sustain that level of heat and slowly fell back to 86c (yes I changed the setting for the bed to heat to 110c).

Technician
    Ok just got the new heatbed in today (original is attached to the bottom side of a 3/16 piece of aluminum) Im going to install it and see if I can get my bed temps up to 110 this time. I'll post the result later tonight and see if the heat bed was the issue

Technician
    Oh just for reference I ordered the MK2B bed from ebay (the red one) to upgrade from the one that came with the A600 printer from ebay (prusa I3 clone)

Technician
    Okay, the MK2B bed is soooooooooooooooooo much better than the one that came with the printer. Heat up times are a third of what they were, it gets to 105c with a hesitation. The print came out a little better than before. I think I might have to get a "Enclosure" for the entire printer to keep the print nice and warm, my only worry is all the printed parts on my printer are made from PLA, with the enclosure would I be risking the integrity of these parts? Ive heard they will get "soft". This would be good for my extruder lol

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    there's now way you should be getting serious delamination with abs at those nozzle temps.

I had the occasional crack - but never anything seriously structural.

And why are the printed parts of your printer pla ?
    Did you make it yourself ?
    Otherwise that would be pretty weird.

Personally I'd say no 60c wouldn't effect good pla. But parts under mechanical stress, dunno.
    Very unusual for a printer to have alot of pla parts though.

Student
    What size nozzle and layer height? Your layer height might be too large.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12