Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

What could I be doing wrong?

http://youtu.be/2Q5m-RXLqGU

I dont know what I could be doing wrong. Im using ABS 1.75, extruder temp at 260C bed at 70C, 75mmps print speed. Im using abs slurry on glass. What am I missing?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Your flux capacitor is out of whack. Needs to be recalibrated.

What's wrong with the print? TLDR version.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well your printing temps are really high. Black abs should print between 220-240.

I think pet prints higher but you definitely shouldn't be printing abs at 260.

Technician
    Ok, I'll try it with a lower temp and see if it helps, thanks for the advice

try either 235 or 240 initially.

Different colours print best at different temps. There's no actual ideal temp for all abs filaments. I've got a white abs that prints best at 220.

Technician
    Ok Im trying the print at 230c etruder and 110 for the bed, Ive been reading allot of people printing with that bed temp

Technician
    Printing at 230c didnt change anything. Could I have just gotten some junk filament? I also cant get the bed to stay that hot, it will only go to about 89c and wont get any hotter. Maybe time to get a better hot bed

so what's the actual issue. The video just said it was great.
    I am confused :-)

Technician
    the print looks awesome on the table after its done, as soon as you grab the print looks are obviously deceiving. the whole print falls apart. its like none of the layers are attached to each other and are just nice and neatly placed on top of each other.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    AH... so delamination?

The quick and dirty solution is Acetone, paint it on or use a vapor bath to melt the layers together, but if it's falling apart immediately, then it could be a temp issue, and you won't get it to an acetone treatment.

Do a search here for "delamination" and you'll find multiple threads on the issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast