Close

OwnFone Launches PrintFone, The 3D Printable Mobile Phone

OwnFone, the makers of the partially printable Braille Phone has just launched a Kickstarter campaign for a kit they call PrintFone. PrintFone enables users to 3D print their own customizable faceplates as well as Shells for their mobile phone. The phone is mainly meant for emergency use as it's not a smartphone. The company will also print custom shells and faceplates for you and deliver them to your home. The Printfone kit starts at $180 for the 3D printable version and $150 for the 2D printable version. More details on these 3D printable phones can be found here: http://3dprint.com/42814/ownfone-printfone-3d-print/

Below are some examples of the Printfone. Which do you like best?

Staff Engineer
    Wow, sometimes I see a product and the idea that there is even a market for it just blows my mind. How is there anyone over the age of 10 who has less than 20 contacts? I mean, I can kind of understand the "Mom/Dad" phone there for children under the age of 10, but some of those look like they're trying to market to general humanity with a maximum of 8 contacts, and that's just silly.

Don't get me wrong, I love minimalist phones, but 8 contacts? For $150? Really?