I am looking at a gorgeous, multi-hour print that started printing air about 90% into printing.

I know exactly what layer it stopped on, and have changed the "bedZOffset" in the Makerware profile, imported a new model that starts exactly where the last one ended, and resliced, so theoretically the resulting Gcode should work.

The problem, however, is with the nozzle wipe/purge at the start of each print. Amazingly, the latest version of Makerware positions this first purge at Z 0.270—no idea where that number comes from. Even though all these instructions are in the Gcode, removing them from the Gcode file and then using Simplify3D or GPX to export a .x3g file results in the same start homing and wipe instructions.

Does anyone have any idea how to remove the homing and/or wipe instructions, or cause the wipe to be at the "bedZOffset" instead of at Z0.27? I've tried everything I can think of at this point.

I've attached the resulting .x3g and .gcode files, below:

Alternatively, short of printing the lost half separately and then welding the parts together, does anyone have any experience recovering a similarly failed print using a software/hardware solution?