Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    I am totally impressed with the PEI sheet. I have mine attached with the high temp 3m double sided adhesive tape. No issues with prints sticking, every few prints or so, I also give it a light sanding with 2,000 grit sandpaper. I have been printing mine at 235 hotend, and 90 for the bed. If they get a 10x10 buildtak, I might have to try that sometime. correct me if I am wrong but they don't make that size yet.
    Sure they do
    http://www.amazon.com/BuildTak-Print...273608&sr=1-11

Make sure if any of you use it to not have the printer set to smush to much ever. The site covers it pretty well. you have to have the nozzle higher then normal or you end up with parts that could be very hard to remove. Also hot bed temps can be lower.

For sure. With PETG, I have my first layer height set to .18mm (.2mm with S3D set at 90% for first layer height gives .18mm). Go lower and you'll find just how strongly PETG can stick on BuildTak...

Can you describe the process of putting the PEI sheet onto the glass with the adhesive? I wasn't about to find a video describing the process and I expect you could make quite a mess of things if the adhesive is that sticky.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by N5QM View Post
    Can you describe the process of putting the PEI sheet onto the glass with the adhesive? I wasn't about to find a video describing the process and I expect you could make quite a mess of things if the adhesive is that sticky.
    So I bought the 12 x12 3m adhesive , and 12 x12 PEI sheet. I cleaned off my glass with rubbing alcohol. Peeled off one side of the paper, and then did my best to start at one end apply it, trying to get all the bubbles out. I didn't get them all out. I heard it is ok to leave them in or to slice them with a knife to pop them, so mostly they were tiny. I smoothed it out as best I could then put a board over it and left it overnight.

The next day I used my razor blade and trimmed it to fit the glass. Pulled off the backing and did the same thing with the PEI sheet in that I tried to get it to lay flat, starting on one end and pushing it down onto the adhesive as I went. Since it is 1 big sheet it went on smooth. I then put a board over the glass/PEI, and put about 10' lbs of weights and left it until the next day.

Once that was on good, I used a new blade in my utility knife to score around the glass, as mine is a 10". I then snapped off the remains. It scored pretty decently, and I made several passes so that it was easy to snap off.

Excellent, thank you sir.

Engineer
    I suggest folks just get a 1/16th sheet and then you dont need to adhere it to anything.
    it can just sit on top of your existing glass. being held down by edge clips.

Engineer
    Just an update.. I have tried PLA and ABS on my PEI Sheet.. and its pefect!.. guys get this stuff. really its solved all of my adhesion issues.. im not exaggerating. forget ABS juice, hairspray, Blue or Green tape, Glue Sticks. or whatever PEI is what you need. get the thicker stuff 1/16 or thicker

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    adamfilip a couple questions before I jump in! Does the PEI sheet give off any fumes when heated by the bed? How much ABS or PLA residue is left behind on the sheet after many prints. How do you clean it?

Engineer
    I haven't noticed any additional smell or fumes when using it. I dont have any residue as i peel off the part and skirt.. nothing is left
    and to be honest i havent cleaned it once since ive got it.. but I assume I would use alchohol to clean it

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Very interesting! Thanks for the responses!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast