Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    Yes that's the one i have . as for cutting the sheet i didnt have to cut it. only the corners but a glass cutter or a dremel should work.
    Cool. I will order a sheet then to learn with. I bet I can take it to work and use our router to trim it down to the right size, we cut acrylic all the time. I will probably get a little thicker sheet tho to make cutting easier.

Yep, Buildtak is pretty darn good. If I didn't own 5 sheets of it, I might try this PEI stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Yep, Buildtak is pretty darn good. If I didn't own 5 sheets of it, I might try this PEI stuff...
    It amazing how much crap you don't have to deal with when your print sticks no matter what. I am 300 prints or so into my current sheet of buildtak on the i3v and more then that on the other 2 3d printers I have. Wonder how much time i have save by not spraying and not cleaning the surface over and over again.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Both of these material sheets (PEI and Buildtak) are pretty intriguing. Especially since on the buildtak website an 8x8" sheet is only 10 dollars and because of bstags testamonial above.

Is the buildtak spongy? Would ABL accuracy be affected if it is? So far I've been a stickler for hardware store glass but I may make the switch!

Engineer
    I wonder, does the Buildtak go straight on the bed heater, or on the glass?

Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    Is the buildtak spongy? Would ABL accuracy be affected if it is? So far I've been a stickler for hardware store glass but I may make the switch!
    Not "spongy" but not rigid either... trying to think how I'd describe it... maybe like a hard rubber...

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I put mine on glass. That way I can pull one print off, drop another BuildTak covered glass on, and start printing right away while the already finished print is still cooling off...

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Yeah put it on your flat surface what ever it may be. In my case its a aluminum bed. To describe the surface would be best as really fine sandpaper thats been filled in..

Engineer
    As I currently have only one piece of borosilicate, I think I'll get only one sheet of Buildtak to try. If I like it, and get more borosilicate, I'll get more later.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    I am totally impressed with the PEI sheet. I have mine attached with the high temp 3m double sided adhesive tape. No issues with prints sticking, every few prints or so, I also give it a light sanding with 2,000 grit sandpaper. I have been printing mine at 235 hotend, and 90 for the bed. If they get a 10x10 buildtak, I might have to try that sometime. correct me if I am wrong but they don't make that size yet.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast