Close

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    So there are a ton of factors with warping.

1. how close to the edge of the bed you print. (more warp)
    2. How evenly the heat bed heats (check temps in corners vs center)
    3. If its an enclosed environment to retain said heat.
    4. Size of part - Larger parts will warp more.
    5. Infill percentage of the part (more infill, more cooling plastic to pull on corners)
    6. What you are using to adhere part to bed.
    7. Temperature of the bed.

I found with large parts, with a fair amount of infill (15% +) I create a custom brim. I use 123d design and create 20mm strips to match up to the sides of my part and make them .4mm in height (2 layers) then i import them along with my part in to simplify3d and line them up overlapping the main part (on the same plane) by a few mm. This fixes the issue of the part still curling at the brim point (the point of a brim in the slicer is to have it easily removed). Ive found this works very very well.
    Also the geometry of the part. Parts with long, straight filament strands between 5 and 10mm up off the bed warp a lot as the long strands cool and pull on the corners. Parts with holes that break up those long strands stay flatter.

Here's an example of a part (not mine) with holes that break up all of the long strands.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    My recent failure.. what a mess...anyone have any tips on how to remove plastic on the heater block and exterior of nozzle.
    after this. i sanded the PEI with 1000 grit , hoping for better results
    Yeah. Heat the hot end to temperature and wipe off the plastic with paper towels. Use lots of layers so you don't burn yourself. You can get it pretty clean this way. If you really want it clean, you'll need to use acetone (for ABS).

DO NOT INTRODUCE ACETONE UNLESS THE HOT END IS COLD.

Just to be clear. It'll work great hot, but it may remove more than just the plastic. Like also your house. Acetone is extremely flammable.

Incidentally, it can also melt your contact lenses. This is also bad.

I just got my heated bed thermistor in the mail and set it up... even a small 25mm test cube is peeling off in the corners at 60c... strange... it actually didnt peel at room temperature (pre heated bed) with PEI (glossy side)
    PS this is with PLA, not even ABS

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112