Close

3D Confetti Launches to 3D print Your Wedding Needs

Makertribe is a London-based 3D printing company always coming up with new ideas to make their customers happy, and also to encourage them to be creative, imaginative, and proactive in 3D design and 3D printing, ultimately. They have branched out with 3DConfetti in order to help offer 3D design and 3D printing services to those about to get married, as well as customized 3D printed products for the wedding day and surrounding festivities. Find out more about 3DConfetti in the full article: http://3dprint.com/42464/3dconfetti-wedding-favors/

Below is a photo of a 3D printed cake topper/names from 3DConfetti. Let us know if you have used this company and what your thoughts are. Getting married myself in two weeks I kinda wish I knew about them then.

Staff Engineer
    Congrats, My wedding is still several months away, and I wouldn't want a cake topper with our faces on it, even though they look pretty well made. As it gets closer, who knows what crazy ideas my fiance will come up with though, so 3D printing a topper might end up happening.
    Anyway, this service does look interesting though kind of niche. Frankly, going into a niche marked doesn't make a lot of sense with 3D printing, since it's just as easy for a printer to make a cake topper as it is to make a bust or a lithopane, which would lend themselves to more occasions than just weddings.

Then again, compared to other events, weddings seem to have the absolute highest price markup for every single possible thing. So maybe these guys have the right idea.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    So Feign, what are thinking of putting on top of the cake?

"3DConfetti Helps Wedding Parties Take Festivities to the Next Level of TACKY with 3D Printing"

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by bford903 View Post
    So Feign, what are thinking of putting on top of the cake?
    We're not even exactly sure yet... But having our actual faces on it just seems like it would be eerie.

And I wouldn't necessarily call this tacky, let alone taking it to a new level... I've been to some weddings that define tacky, and I'm pretty sure this service wouldn't even begin to make such events worse.

Administrator
    Follow SarahA On Twitter
    My wedding is coming up this spring, too. If we hadn't already commissioned a friend to custom-make us a cake topper, I'm pretty sure my husband-to-be and I would be getting scanned for something like this about now!

Getting in on the wedding industry is a pretty smart business move. I know we're DIYing a ton of things for our wedding, but I have many bride-friends right now who are more than happy to splash out on personalized everything. 3D printing really allows for a unique take on wedding goodies, especially now when we're still early on in this catching on for events like weddings. Personalized goodies for every guest? That would be memorable!

Awesome 3D printing work! The design is quite appealing.
    Last edited by incent56; 05-21-2015 at 04:13 AM.