Close

can i find a 3d printer which can print a metal, a tissue and a hamburger

there are 3d printers which prints tissues, meals , metals and many more. What is the real difference between them. is there one 3d printer which can print a tissue , a meal and a metal objcet? t
    Last edited by cyth; 01-05-2014 at 05:26 AM.

What exactly do you mean by "tissue". Do you mean human tissue or a tissue that you blow your nose one?

There are no printers that can print in metal, food and other objects at the same time that I know of. It's something that many of us expect to see in the coming years though. Also, I'm not sure what you would want to mix a metal printer with one that prints in food. It could cause some toxic effects. I doubt we will ever see a printer that can print food and other materials. However we will see multiple non-edible extruders on one printer running at once very soon.

Do you want to eat human tissue or metal if you use it to "print" food after those things?????

Quote Originally Posted by DJNOS1978 View Post
    Do you want to eat human tissue or metal if you use it to "print" food after those things?????
    no i dont want this. my aim is understand real difference between them. for a metal printer we can say i understand it. a liquid is frozen by a laser and liquid goes down and again and object will be created.

but how a hamburger can be created in 3d printer or a human tissue? i want to learn the physics behind it

It is a tool that has a feeding mechanism which supplies the material. The material you use all depends upon the type of feeding mechanism that is on each machine and how the process then works. A hamburger "printer" uses a large tube that has raw meat in it that is squeezed out into a shape.

The human tissue style printer is much more advanced. I do not know a whole lot about it. From what I understand is that the "printer" makes a mesh and then tissue is grown over it.