Close

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    I know you are going off of what you have used before, but I am not sure it is fair to compare a Professional model that comes pre-assembled with proprietary software that costs what looks like $1900, vs a $600 build your own kit with free software. They want you to use their filament, and print at - ABS filament is extruded at 260° Celsius to .15mm onto the bed. I have never gone that high with my settings. I would guess you could print at .15, I am sure your printer is not set at that for a default. more like .2ish.

without pronterface you can't truly calibrate the Z axis or Filament, i mean you can but it's a headache... for now i would work on trying to get your USB to recognize the printer, and manually level your Xcarraige to the frame so that it is level, which will make bed leveling easier in the future. from there i would level the bed meticulously, and then calibrate e-steps of the extruder.

try reinstalling the mac drivers for the arduino, reinstalling the arduino software, try different USB ports on the mac, and try different cables.

that's a good start

To me it looks like your slice settings are wacked. Here is a gcode if you want to try it. make sure your zHome is set to one sheet of paper. Also keep a finger on the power button "Just in Case" LOL. OK it wont let me upload due to size. OK try here
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B410XJG4pOFAWTBLNTY2MGVZV2c/view?usp=sharing

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    So I went to this page, wow. That is a lot of Greek to me! I went to the page and navigated about half way to find this...

Mac OS X Lion

The tools will probably run just fine in 64bit on Lion, you don't need to mess with any of the 32bit settings. In case they don't, try

• export VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT=yes in a terminal before running Pronterface

Not sure what to do with this as I don't know how to use terminal.
    Followed these steps and with the help of google i think i managed the python thing!

whats next?

Well if all of your python stuff is up to date hopefully thats all that was needed to get it connected.

After that its reinstalling any arduino drivers you might need, trying different usb ports on the mac, and trying a new usb cable... After that i dont know... If you have a non mac computer or laptop laying around try setting it up and see if it recognizes the printer that will narrow the issue to strictly being the usb cable which if you try another and it still doesnt work you have then narrowed it down to being the board itselfs usb connection and that is grounds for colin to replace the board and he will hes good like that.

Basically what i am saying is, use the process of elimination to rule out any and all possible causes for the printer and computer to not communicate. Once you do that you can with confidence tell colin everything you have done and there will be no doubt as to what the issue is. Hopefully... Because you will either eliminate all options to be the rumba board or you will eliminate all options to be your mac. Either or you will k ow whats going wrong and can take steps to fix the problem.

Engineer-in-Training
    Mine looks like this in the config.h file.

// Disable max endstops for compatibility with endstop checking routine
    #if defined(COREXY) && !defined(DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS)
    #define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
    #endif

Engineer-in-Training
    Gonna follow the steps outlines in post #14 a bit closer. For now, the test code I generated has G1 Z0.350 F6000.000 listed. I am still learning but this is the first line with a z in it. Does this mean my first layer would be printing at .35 plus what ever height I have the endstop set at?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Gonna follow the steps outlines in post #14 a bit closer. For now, the test code I generated has G1 Z0.350 F6000.000 listed. I am still learning but this is the first line with a z in it. Does this mean my first layer would be printing at .35 plus what ever height I have the endstop set at?
    Yes. You're likely using Slic3r as your slicer. It defaults to a first layer height of 0.35mm.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    ...the test code I generated has G1 Z0.350 F6000.000 listed.
    Decoded, the line is instructing the printer to go to a Z of 0.35mm at a speed of 6000 mm/minute, or 100 mm/sec. The i3v's can only handle a Z feedrate of 1.5 or maybe 2 mm/sec, but the printer double-checks all the feedrates in the gcode commands and will automatically only go as fast as the firmware is programmed to with the DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE values in the configuration.h file.
    Last edited by printbus; 02-06-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Yes. You're likely using Slic3r as your slicer. It defaults to a first layer height of 0.35mm.
    kevin, is there a better first layer hight than the .35mm?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast