Close

CubePro Trio causing artefacts on base of print

Hi all,

First time poster and brand new to the world of 3D printing, so am hoping this is something really simple that I have missed.

We've recently purchased a CubePro Trio by Cubify, which seems to have a weird problem with the first layer of any print. As you can see from the below, it appears as if the first layer is not bonding to the rest of the print correctly. The printer will actually print that first layer, then wait for a while before resuming.

image1.jpg

Is this a problem with the Z calibration? Or is this simply a kind of support layer that needs to be removed with sandpaper once the print is completed? When running the Z calibration print that is supplied with the printer, I again get a non-straight wiggley line that is difficult to read off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For anyone who may be interested, this was in fact the Z calibration being WAY off! Stumbled across a video of a guy setting up his CubePro, which explained what should be correct, a lot better than the included documentation.

Hey terrorfall,

Any chance you can point me towards that video? Not sure if I'm having the same issue as yourself, but I suspect the calibration of my printer is off somewhat.

Cheers!