Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best CAD Software According to G2 Crowd

In a comprehensive and very helpful report, G2 Crowd gives us peer and professional reviews regarding the most current CAD software. With several different reports, each featuring four categories, AutoCAD was a predominant leader, but a variety of strong products made their way onto each list, with a variety of other software packages we should obviously keep our eyes on as well. Check out the results and categories in the full article: http://3dprint.com/41727/g2-crowd-rates-cad-software/

Let's hear your thoughts on the top AutoCAD software out there. Do you agree with G2 Crowd's assessment of things? Why or why not? Below is a graph with the results rating from the Building Design and BIM category:
    Last edited by printbus; 10-18-2016 at 05:35 PM. Reason: fixed typo in thread title

I use AutoCAD as my primary, with the 3YOURMIND plugin to verify the file before it is printed (https://www.3yourmind.com/3d-print-app-autocad). But I know Blender and SolidEdge are also high performers.

Engineer-in-Training
    Creo being in a similar price point as solidworks blows them away in terms of power and performance. I can't speak too much for the low end players.

AutoCAD best... hahaha. Anyone else smell a rat?

Just the fact that Solidworks is mentioned as a leader but Catia isn't should show that. These surveys are all bogus.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    not bogus just based on volume of useage.
    And autocad sells more than anyone else, it's why they can afford to produce and give away all the 123dapps stuff.

Autocad is general purpose, most of the others are more niche.
    I'm not saying autocad is better - never got my head t=round any wysiwig cad. But it is the most widely spread among a lot of industries.

No one has ever asked me to try and 'acquire' a copy of any other cad software. Kind of speaks for itself really.

Super Moderator
    AutoCAD is probably first since it is the most used similar to the way Adobe Photoshop is for graphics. AutoCAD does have the ability to work with numerous plugins and add-ons for various industry specific tasks.
    Personally, Fusion 360 (an autodesk product) is my choice for 3D CAD since I can not afford Solidworks!

Technician
    Most current CAD software? Where's SpaceClaim?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah spaceclaim is a weird one. They are all over the tct show, and it looks very good. But outside of tct, you never hear anyone mention it.
    Which explains why it's not in a list based on volume of sales and size of user base.

Technician
    I use SP exclusively. One of the best if not the best CAD packages out there, especially if you are into reverse engineering.

Engineer
    I've been really meaning to learn an actual real CAD software. I just can't figure out which one I want to sink all my time into. I was going to go the Solidworks route, but at that same time I was doing a lot of Zbrush so I never really got into it. For someone who does a lot of modeling, what would you recommend for someone that is gonna be pretty new to a software like that? AutoCAD? Still Solidworks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast