Close

DIY 3D Printing Pen

Ever since WobbleWorks raised $2.3 million in crowdfunding for their 3Doodler 3D printing pen, the market and the competition for such devices has exploded. Essentially “pens” that allows users to lift the tip of the devices off the page to build self-supporting, three-dimensional objects using plastic filament like a 3D printer, the devices are popular among artists and children. The CreoPop 3D Printing Pen takes a different approach which uses a version of stereolithography (SLA) and a photosensitive resin to avoid the use of heated parts are necessary. And now an Instructables user has come up with a way to basically use a hot-glue gun and duct tape to create a homemade 3D printer. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/41642/make-your-own-3d-printing-pen/

Below is a photo of the duct tape-heavy homemade 3D printing pen:

Staff Engineer
    I've done some interesting stuff with MakerJuice G+ resin, lab pipettes and a UV laser I bought off Alibaba (The last part being highly dangerous, holy crap, seriously keep out of reach, or even sight of children.)

After accidentally actually burning myself with the laser, I also got some UV-blocking safety goggles and use gloves. I cannot stress enough that products from Alibaba can be unexpectedly dangerous, even when they work as intended.

Sadly, I've got no results that were worth taking pictures, but it's definitely possible (though difficult) to draw 3D structures by hand just by dripping the resin into the laser's beam.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well anything made with ducttape is guarenteed to work :-)
    But given that filament based pens can be had for around $30 - is there much point making your own, beyond the point that it could be fun.

Other than having some fun and joy to create something yourself i can its better to just buy a 3D pen as they are now inexpensive. Here is a great list of Best 3D pen

3D pen are popular among artists and children. you can easy create you 3d objects using 3d printing pen but in market many 3d pens available but you can choose best one on critical reviews

You're totally right! 3D pens are very fun and exciting to use, and there are many to choose from. You may want to check over here https://www.allthat3d.com/3d-printing-pen/ to know more about 3D pens.