Close

Any New Hyrel Announcements at CES?

Can we expect to see anything announced or released from Hyrel at CES this year? I know you guys said you will most likely be there.

Ron

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Oh, we will be there. I'm just never sure if I am going on a trip until I cross the state line.

I'm not sure what we have and have not announced, and I don't know which development ideas Karl is willing to reveal at this time.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's all I can say with any accuracy - and I don't want to mislead anyone.

We will be showing some new tools at CES for sure.
    Last edited by Davo; 01-04-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Banned
    Thanks for your honestly. I'm sure you guys are working on a ton for the rest of the year. 2014 has just started

Davo, what type of reception did your printer end up receiving at CES? Did Martha Steward check you guys out? I saw she was looking at a bunch of 3D Printers at the show.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We were quite swamped all day, every day. I didn't recognize any celebrities besides Michael Schmidt and Justin LeBlanc at our booth, but they were booked. People from the larger 3D printer companies came by and talked. Most folks were really surprised by the ease of leveling, the breadth of materials, and the fact that we can run four heads at once. Karl brought some of the new laser heads, but we didn't demo (safety concerns). Oh, everyone seemed astounded that we printed ABS with a 25 micron layer height, but we had a piece there for everyone to examine.

Lessons learned: we need samples of ABS in 200, 100, 50 and 25 micron layer height, as well as comparable samples of all the materials we have printed in, for comparison - attached to something: our 100 micron and sugru samples walked off, but not until Friday afternoon.

Did you get to talk to Bre Pettis (MakerBot's CEO)?

On Saturday, I would have said that I don't know - but I have since seen his photo, so no, we did not speak.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Do you guys plan on going to the Inside 3D Printing show in NY in April? I may try and make it there.
    Ed

No, we do not have plans to attend the upcoming Inside 3D Printing show.

We have reserved a booth at the USA Science & Engineering Festival in DC on April 26-27.

http://www.usasciencefestival.org/