Close

Cheapest 10x10" printer for home use (PLA mainly)?

Hi, im looking for a printer that would be used to produce some utility parts for my other hobbies. I think I will use mainly PLA so no heatbed is required. I have made some own designs but Im not certain I can make them work, so at least just in case I'd be interested in looking for an option from market. I dont have budget, but since I have calculated I'd save a grand or two easily if I could print custom parts myself, so it doesn't necessarily have to be very cheap. I'm mostly looking for high quality and high strength parts that must withstand significant mechanical stresses (in terms of plastics, ofc) so issues like delamination must not happen. The parts do not generally need to be highly precisious, tolerances up to 0.1mm are well tolerated. I do not do mass production though so printing speed can be compromised rather than strength and accuracy.

The major limit I cannot buy common home printer is the print bed size. I need to print parts which dimensions are up to 250mm and later even more than that, so 10x10 table is mandatory minimum, bigger is better. I've been following the cobblebot starter, but I decided to wait until the company gets more credibility. Because of PLA printings, heatbed is not needed and therefore it should make the printer significantly less complicated.

I live in Europe so if it could be purchased from ETA area, I'd be very interested. I could also be interested in buying custom made printer if someone happens to do that.

Engineer-in-Training
    I'm not sure about shipping to Europe, but the Makerfarm 12" Průša i3v exceeds your needs (heated bed amongst other features) and is under $700 USD.

www.makerfarm.com

Hmm, that should do it. Thanks a lot!

Engineer-in-Training
    Those are kits, I believe.

I'm looking at the Printrbot Metal Plus, 10 x 10, with or without heat.

BTW, some folks are printing PET without heat. It's much stronger than PLA.

Banned
    Type A series 1 is 12" x 12", no heated bed.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DPBuser View Post
    Those are kits, I believe.

I'm looking at the Printrbot Metal Plus, 10 x 10, with or without heat.

BTW, some folks are printing PET without heat. It's much stronger than PLA.
    I've been a long time printrbot fan, but there's been some reports of expansion/binding issues on the new metal plus with heated bed, not sure if it's isolated or not, but something to keep an eye on

I have been recently looking into nylon. It feels superior next to about every other plastic: it is very strong, cheap, sustains high temperatures and weather conditions.

But it seems a bit tricky to print out high quality and it has limited color options.