Close

Thread: Neo questions

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+

Neo questions

Hey.
    Getting ready for the big day when my new Neo shows up at the door.
    Just have a few questions to the other folks here that already own one.
    I noticed the print yield is 150 mm square. I was considering getting a flexible build plate for the top right off the bat. Could anyone tell me what the build plate size is?
    Also, has anyone tried to modify their Neo with a heated print bed, to print ABS?
    Thirdly, Not much info is on the site regarding this guy's interface. Am I to understand it can only be connected to USB, and no SD card capabilities?
    Follow up question to that, has anyone tried to drive the unit with a raspberry pi?
    Don't look at this as me looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything, just would like to know what I could do with it once I have it.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Mike,

your NEO comes with a flexible Buildtak printing plate.

I'd reccomend you start with PLA. We add some Performance PLA - it's easy to print and comes with a rather smooth surface directly out of the printer.

best regards
    Stefanie
    GRR Marketing

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Thanks! Much appreciated Stephanie.

Student
    the reason for proposing PLA is simple its easier to print, ABS needs a bit expieriance of shrinking warping ...

the board in the NEO is a Printrboard Rev.D and there are a lot of people who printing with a raspi with for examplae oktoprint.

br
    Thomas