Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    no problem , im sure you will be happy with it . those PS are very well build and designed to be on all the time so no issues when printing big long prints

i decided to go with the 75A only because its very compact
    Last edited by pichuete; 02-02-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Engineer
    ive never run any draw tests with my 30A PS on my 12" but i have dual extruders
    and I have had both extruders plus the bed heating up at the same time, without any issues
    and they heat up quickly

Engineer-in-Training
    Sorry to drag this post back from the depths. Is this suppy loud? My pervious experience with server power supplies is that they are very loud.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    i had the same question when i build my i3v 12" . i bought one of those cheap LED 12v 30A PS and Failed after a day of use . i guess the amperage draw is almost 30A so if you have a bad quality PS probably will fail . Im currently using a 900W 75A Server Power Supply . its a little overkill for the demand but my printer is running pretty good now . Actually the bed Reaches 95C faster than my Extruder (2min) . Also is smaller and same price as a 30A PS .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221583582668

Technician
    It's very very quiet I can barely hear it at least the one I got. The fan doesn't ramp up unless the sensor detect a higher temperature that the operating default. 30 amps it's nothing for these ps. I Highly recommended.

Engineer-in-Training
    How hot does your power supply get? My fan isn't turning on and the printer gets pretty warm to the touch.

Technician
    The ps fan is supposed to be always on. Mine always stay at low revs. I have only seen the fan speed up when I'm using it for changing my lipo batteries specially if I'm using 50 or 60 amps. But in regular use it always stay warm but no hot to the touch.

If you fan is not turning on at all you probably have a defective unit.

Student
    A bit late but my experience with my cheap 30A power supply off amazon has been surprisingly good. I have the 12" heatbed and hex hotend and both heat up fast.

Engineer
    same here,no issues

Engineer-in-Training
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceorange12 View Post
    A bit late but my experience with my cheap 30A power supply off amazon has been surprisingly good. I have the 12" heatbed and hex hotend and both heat up fast.

And let's not forget... In Marlin's Configuration.h file where you setup your printer... One of the #define's is ATX_POWER or something link that... ATX Power Supplies work for this kind of stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12