Close

Better securing of end-stop switches?

Hey guys,

I have noticed that using a zip-tie for securing the end-stops seems kinda loose no matter how tight I get the little buggers.
    Have you guys come up with something better to secure those onto their little wood pieces?
    Maybe it doesn't matter that much in real life, but it seems like that little bit of slack, could cause some problems down the road.

Thanks!

Cameron

Screws.. ...

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Hey Cameron,

If you haven't seen these parts from Clough42, they are highly recommended as improvements on the stock endstops and use screws instead of zipties like beerdart says.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:321810

Nice. Those look great. Once I can get this sucker printing, I'll make that mod.

Thanks!

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Screws.. ...
    lol that made me laugh!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Short of printing new brackets, you can countersink the wood ones to use bolts and nuts as well. One might be able to drill the switch holes out to take larger hardware, but the holes in the switches are sized for M2.5 hardware. A 3/16-inch bit works to countersink the M2.5 bolt head so that the bracket will sit flush on the rails. More info and a picture of this is in the ENDSTOP INSTALLATION post in my build thread.

You should also make sure the bolt used to mount the bracket to the rail isn't a bit too long. The M5 screws that came in my kit would start to bottom out in the v-rail channel as they tightened. I filed just a bit off the threaded end in order to make sure the screws properly clamped things like these brackets to the rails. I didn't really remove much material - just cleaned up the ends of the bolts.

I drilled through the switch and attached it to the frame with fine screws and nuts. Can't recall the specs of the screws.

OME