Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the input. I'll lower the bed temp and slow it down, see if that helps.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    plate temp has nothing to do with prints splitting. They're splitting way above the bed. At that point what the bed is doing is largely irrelevant.

I tried various temps when i was using abs. 120 worked best, that's all I'm saying.
    ok, you're right, we're wrong, we all done? excellent.

If you are printing at 120 on your heatbed then you are over compensating for something horrid, not sure what but that is pretty darn high... even for the most stubborn ABS.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Please keep in mind that temps are subjective, one machine's 120 might be another machine's 110? Depending on placement and type of thermistor, you can get quite a bit of differences. A few of our ABS machines print well with a bed of 90 and others need 100 or 110? Same goes for the print head, there is some variances there too. You really have to figure out what "your" machine likes.

We have found that slowing down and adding shells does help with the splits on ABS prints somewhat, also make sure you have no drafts and really dry filament.

Or, just switch to PLA and you won't have any of those problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12