Close

Student

DaVinci 1 failed on first demo print. Error 0040, SD card read write failure...

Before trying my own STL files I thought I'd get it to do a demo. It stopped and gave me a 0040 (cannot read\write SD card) error. XYZprinting said they'll reply to my support request within 3 days. 3 days!
    Anyone know about this error?

And anyone know how I should reset the machine... It is flashing and beeping in the middle of a stopped print. How do I switch it off safely?

The site tells me to check the SD card, but no documents tell me how to get to the SD card.

Student
    Apparently the SD memory card can often get dislodged during transport. The solution is not mentioned in the documents as far as I can see.

What you have to do is open the back panel, 2 screws, take out the SD card (partially covered with brown tape) and push it back in again. That seems to have worked. Presumably the tape is an extra helping keeping the SD card from actually falling out, though it will not stop it getting loosened enough to cause the 0040 error.

It's always the ten cent part that stops the million dollar machine!

OME

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Or the 2 cent part that stops the 10c machine in this case....

Any time I've gotten an 00xx error, I've been able to flip the switch and it powers back on fine. Sometimes hitting it solidly on a corner post will resolve the issue, depending on what exactly happened (Worked for my X-stop problem).

Owens answer is your best bet.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by owenransen View Post
    Before trying my own STL files I thought I'd get it to do a demo. It stopped and gave me a 0040 (cannot read\write SD card) error. XYZprinting said they'll reply to my support request within 3 days. 3 days!
    Anyone know about this error?

And anyone know how I should reset the machine... It is flashing and beeping in the middle of a stopped print. How do I switch it off safely?

The site tells me to check the SD card, but no documents tell me how to get to the SD card.
    If your machine ever stops printing or jams, pull the plug from the wall ASAP or hit the physical power switch. If the machine has failed and leaves the extruder on and for some reason doesnt run the fan, it will overheat the extruder. You wont hurt the machine even if you turn it off while its printing.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    If your machine ever stops printing or jams, pull the plug from the wall ASAP or hit the physical power switch. If the machine has failed and leaves the extruder on and for some reason doesnt run the fan, it will overheat the extruder. You wont hurt the machine even if you turn it off while its printing.
    The machine had stopped with an error message in the panel, the infamous 0040, was flashing its internal light, and "beeping". I assumed that it knew what it was diong, but I'm glad to know I can power down safely in any future emergencies, thanks!

Here's the full story, with pictures: http://owenransen.blogspot.it/