Close

SemiFlex Filament Released By NinjaFlex Creators Fenner Drives

Fenner Drives first entered the FFF/FDM 3D printer filament market with NinjaFlex, their highly elastic, flexible filament. Now the company has released a slightly stiffer version of NinjaFlex called SemiFlex. The company is well known for producing power transmission components like drives, belts and bushings, and as a result they've gathered lots of experience in materials development. NinjaFlex and SemiFlex are patent-pending thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) filaments. With their rubber-like properties, they allow for the 3D printing of flexible parts. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/39109/new-semiflex-filament/

Below is a comparison chart of NinjaFlex and SemiFlex filaments. Let us know if you have tested this new material out, and what you thought!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lmao - that was my idea !
    Damn, should have got intellectual copyright.

had a long chat to the marketing director for ninjaflex at the tct show last year. And pointed out that a slightly stiffer version would really make a difference in machine compatibility.

I even have witnesses to the conversation !
    lmao
    At the very least I think I deserve a sample for review (email sent)

Well now we can just hope she took on my idea about lowering the price as well ;-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-23-2015 at 05:55 AM.