Close

Student

Cool what type of 3d printer do I need to make a full human head from ?

I want to make stuff the size of a human head but I don`t know what one to buy and so can anyone tell me the one to buy please.

please reply.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    What type of human head? Southeast Asian heads are usually smaller than anglo-saxon heads, and then are we talking full grown heads, or perhaps young childrens heads, which are significantly snaller, then there are shrunken heads, while still human, are miniscule in comparison. Then, are we talking just bone, or skin and bone, or other tissue? If so, then you'll definitely need at least a dual extrusion setup, maybe tri or quad. And finding human flesh in filament form may be a little tricky. Not sure what your temperature setting would be either, as human flesh is water based, so will start to deform and burn as it approaches and surpasses 100c. Then there are legal issues. Will it be sentient like the heads in futurama? or just a decapitated cephalus? Either way, it may be in violation of the cloning laws of your country. At the very least give the maid a fright.

Those are all questions I need answers to in order to in order to accurately answer your question.

Measurements man, use a dang ruler and figure out how big you want the print volume! If you can't figure that out, you definitely can't figure out how to run a 3d printer.

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    Ha! Marm just heard one question too many

one of the cost effective printers large enough to print that size would be a rostock max v2 from seemecnc. I have one, as well as a Flashforge Creator Pro... THe Rostock can do a huge build volume, for $1000.. i love mine.

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Second on the SeeMeCNC Rostock. Not sure why you need a 3D printed head, but to each his own.