Close

Connection to computer dropping and requiring comp reboot ...?

Hi everyone, I'm not too sure if this is the right place to be posting this but I could really use some help.

Just finished putting together a MendelMax 1.5 and I'm using an Atmega 2560 with ramps 1.4.

The problem is that when first plugged in, it connects to the computer fine and to Repetier Host. When power supply is connected, the motors are manually movable. About 2-3 min after manually fiddling with the printer the Windows sound for "disconnection and re-connection" (of usb devices) plays, and the Atmega appears in the device manager as fully detected. However Repetier will not connect and nor will the Audino IDE. At this point if it is disconnected and reconnected to the computer it appears in the device manager as an unknown USB device and the computer must be restarted in order for it to be properly detected.

Specs: Windows 7 latest drivers and whatnot.
    (What other info is needed?)

Mods - if this is not the right place to post this please move it to the correct sub-forum

You have found the most frustrating thing about 3D printing. This problem has plagued us from Day 1.

As a first suggestion, follow the directions here: http://youtu.be/vOdzUTkDUQU

Remember that Windows 8.* has an inbuilt security function that will prevent easy installation of unsigned drivers. This can be overcome by using this trick: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/3914-windo...signed-drivers

I'm having a similar problem with my XP operating system.

Another thing I found early on was that a number of Python files need to be loaded as well.

Old Man Emu