Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TBH I don`t have that sort of money ready to hand, other things take priority,Kids, cars, Food etc, so this is the easiest way to get one. Not everybody has a money pit.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    £300 ?

So take the £7 you're currently wasting on the magazine each week, put it into jar and in 42 weeks you can buy A better kit and start making stuff.

You've already committed yourself to spen £700.
    How is saving £400 of that and getting a better machine 'having a money pit' ?

You really haven't thought this through.

Actually it's only £268, so it's only 38 weeks. Although I suppose if you throw in a couple kg of pla (some decent stuff for £13 a kg) - that would bring you back up to 300.
    During that time. Download sketchup and openscad, cura and slic3r, watch a bunch of youtube videos, follow a bunch of 'how to' tutorials. And come christmas you'll be like the rest of us trying to see how many presents we can print this year :-)

So the money pit requirement is costing you £400 less , no lump sum necessary, getting you a better printer earlier and giving you just as much info and training, without having to find shelf space for a bucnh of magazines.

I would also suggest you buy a decent book. But that's just because I like books and needed something to read while I was waiting 9 months for a makibox.

I'm not slagging the vector 3 off for no reason. It's just a bloody awful way to go about becoming a 3d printing person.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 03-14-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Each to his own really, all well and good in theory, but often never works in practice.

This the way I and quite a few others are going so enough on this please.

https://twitter.com/EaglemossTech
    Last edited by Kreator01; 03-16-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol
    (more rhubarb)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12