Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pirx One 3D Printer

Poland-based Pirx 3D has been around for just a year, and already is fast-tracking their involvement in the 3D printing field. Today, the company announced their new, more robust 3D printer, the PIRX One. The affordable desktop 3D printer brings impressive precision in a steel frame, adding stability and a Q Sensor system that calibrates and levels the bed automatically, cutting setup time and making the whole printing process easier. The PIRX One offers 10 micron precision, is FFF-based, and has a build envelope of 210 x 270 x 210 mm. Of the two models available, the PIRX One 1.1 can print using PLA, Nylon, PS, Laywood, and Ninjaflex filaments at 1.75mm, while the PIRX One 1.2 can print with all those materials and, thanks to its heated bed, ABS. The PIRX One 1.1 is available for $1,200 and the PIRX One 1.2 for $1,400, both on the company's website. For more details, specifications, and a look at the PIRX One in action, check out the full article: http://3dprint.com/38735/pirx-one-3d-printer/

Below is a photo of the steel-framed PIRX One 3D printer:

Follow PIRX_3D On Twitter Add PIRX_3D on Facebook Add PIRX_3D on Thingiverse
    Hey guys,
    we were about to post information about PIRX one, but you were quicker
    So, Brian wrote everything, we just add that now we're running pre-order and first printers will be ship out around March. If you have any questions - just ask (via email, PM or here in this thread), we'll be more than pleased to answer.
    Thank you for your intrest, cheers!

Staff Engineer
    It looks like a pretty solid printer with an h-bot style carriage. It looks good and the price isn't terrible when compared to other printers of similar capability.

My only concern is the extruder and nozzle, it doesn't look like it would be very easy to service or clear a jam... Though that's just from the visual from the pictures, there's no way of knowing for sure.

Hey Feign, thanks for your feedback
    Well, as we all know servicing the extruder or nozzle for experienced user is easy. We'd like to make our printer as much user-friendly as possible, for now all I can say is that these actions (servicing, changing, etc.) aren't harder to perform than in e.g. Ultimaker or Makerbot.
    Last edited by PIRX_3D; 01-23-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Sorry for double-posting, but I just want to tell, that:

We've just establish cooperation with Printr and Formide and you'll be able to buy their Element with PIRX one. Their Kickstarter campaign is about to start.
    It's pretty exciting, cause they're developing device which connects your computer with your 3d printer via Wi-Fi. No more cables, but a power cable As they answered to someone's question on FB: it's like thingiverse and thinkercad putted together.
    Anyway, I don't know every detail, but you can check their site and familiarize with The Element.
    Cheers!

And here's the mentioned Kickstarter campaign
    Last edited by PIRX_3D; 01-29-2015 at 02:45 AM.

I have 2 questions
    1. Will I be able to buy any brand filament I want or is it going to use a cartridge?
    2. Will it be compatible with Simpify 3D software?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rforeman View Post
    I have 2 questions
    1. Will I be able to buy any brand filament I want or is it going to use a cartridge?
    2. Will it be compatible with Simpify 3D software?

Thanks.
    Hi rforeman,
    1. Yes, you can use any filament you want. We won't use cartridges, because we don't want to limit the users;
    2. Yes, PIRX one will be compatible with Simplify 3D Software.

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by PIRX_3D View Post
    Hi rforeman,
    1. Yes, you can use any filament you want. We won't use cartridges, because we don't want to limit the users;
    2. Yes, PIRX one will be compatible with Simplify 3D Software.

You're welcome!
    Thanks for the reply. This printer just got put at the top of my list of printers I am looking at.

Good to hear that!

The CEO of Polish 3D printer maker Pirx 3D, Piotr Lipert, says it was his company's strong connection to the RepRap community that led them to release all the source files for their first printer design, the PIRX. The first version of the files includes all the necessary cutting diagrams for the plywood involved in its construction, firmware and necessary software. Lipert adds that in the coming days, his company will also release user manuals, videos, tutorials and a complete bill of materials which includes everything you'll need to build your own PIRX. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/49318/pirx-open-source-3d-printer/

Below is a photo of the PIRX 3D printer:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast