Close

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar

Pretty sure I killed my arduino

Fumbling around trying to jump the PS on to ground on the power supply and I jumped PS on to 120V. Or so I assume, due to the spark. #$%^&*($%^&*(. Oh well. Whats another $40 down the sucking black hole of this hobby.

any chance the ramps or stepper motor drivers could be an issue? The raspberry is fine. LCD appears fine, just no information going to it.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    RAMPS has no smarts on it, so there's at least a chance it's OK. Hard to say what could have all been fried by putting 120V onto PS_ON...
    Last edited by printbus; 01-20-2015 at 11:28 PM.

You probably blew the circuit that drops 12VDC to 5VDC which is what the board runs on. Have a look underneath the board to see if there is a blackened trace line. That's what went phutt on my board. Unfortunately, you're in a remove and replace situation. Cough up another forty bucks, bro. If this is where the short circuit happened, then everything donline from there should be OK.

OME

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Ordered a new one from Makerfarm. $20 plus 4.xx usps shipping - not bad. I'll use the down time to finish my double spool holder (already printed the parts thankfully) , finish designing my enclosure, get some dual extruder stuff sliced and get my double extruder firmware set to flash.

yep working on my 3rd mega right now finally found out it was a bad trace on the ramps so that moving the hotebd pretty much at all blew the voltage regulator ;-( live and learn