Close

Newbie Question - Convert 3D Drawing?

Hello, this may seem like a really stupid question, but I thought I'd ask. Does anyone know if there is any way to convert a 3D drawing of something into a format that is printable on a 3D printer? I just have the 3D drawing (to scale) from the 3 different sides. What would be the best way to convert it into something that could be printed?

You need to put the 3D drawing into CAD somehow, and make it a 3D model. Once it's in the STL format it will be printable. I believe there are ways to scan drawings into a computer and convert it so that it can be read by the proper software. Try googling it I guess

Honestly I don't think there is an easy way to do this. You would probably need to start from scratch on some sort of CAD software.

Engineer
    i use creator from simplify3d for my slicer and printer interface. it has a feature to take a picture and turn it into a 3d model. of course it wont do it 360 deg around since you dont have that kind of info in a 2d picture but it will take a picture and make a heightfield out of it that you can print. not sure if thats what your looking for.