Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Diy it?

Student
    I'm still trying to find the most current version of the structural pieces in the git repository.

I printed the "all.dxf" file on the laser cutter last night and when I compared them to the assembly animation Rylan posted (page 3 of this thread), they are NOT the same!! These are possibly the "oil dampened version" as discussed in this thread.

In "PeachyPrinterHardware/peachy_production/" these files here appear to be the scanner.
    In "PeachyPrinterHardware/peachy_printer/ there is a collection of SMC files that COULD be the right files but I can't open them to verify.
    I know these SMC files were created by the Laser Cutter's software but what is that software and can I download it?? (Ok, Duh, it's "SmartCarve")
    Are there DXF versions of these files somewhere?
    Has someone found the most current files?

The laser cutter at my local MakerSpace uses RD Works (I'll be getting a copy soon). This outputs RDL files not SMC. I can not open them with RD Works :-(

help
    Last edited by thej; 06-08-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by thej View Post
    I'm still trying to find the most current version of the structural pieces in the git repository.

I printed the "all.dxf" file on the laser cutter last night and when I compared them to the assembly animation Rylan posted (page 3 of this thread), they are NOT the same!! These are possibly the "oil dampened version" as discussed in this thread.

In "PeachyPrinterHardware/peachy_production/" these files here appear to be the scanner.
    In "PeachyPrinterHardware/peachy_printer/ there is a collection of SMC files that COULD be the right files but I can't open them to verify.
    I know these SMC files were created by the Laser Cutter's software but what is that software and can I download it?? (Ok, Duh, it's "SmartCarve")
    Are there DXF versions of these files somewhere?
    Has someone found the most current files?

The laser cutter at my local MakerSpace uses RD Works (I'll be getting a copy soon). This outputs RDL files not SMC. I can not open them with RD Works :-(

help
    Hey there, that repo is all old stuff, you want this one: https://github.com/PeachyPrinter/pea...terhardware1.0

Totally threw me for a loop at first to!

MOST of the items have .scad files for them. This is a format used by OpenSCAD, it's really just a text file containing a script that defines the object. I'm not sure about converting this to RD Works, I do know that it can output at least a .stl file.
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 06-09-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Student
    Thanks! I dug through those files before but I really didn't know what I was doing yet ! I will check them out again :-)
    RD Works will take a DXF so converting the SCAD models to DXF will work just fine.

J

Quote Originally Posted by CescoAiel View Post
    It is all about inertia and inertial dampening...

Slower means the mirrors need to move less, and not as fast. For a magnetically activated *and* dampened system that certainly makes a difference.

Compare it to a car: can you make a tight turn better at 5MPH or 50MPH?
    The galvo works with an electro-magnet, a well modelled system can take that into account and compensate the inertia. Am I wrong? Certainly for faster speeds it gets tricky but looking at the current state it just looks way too slow. If the resin curing speed is not the issue then at least a 2x speed increase would be great if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Reonarudo View Post
    The galvo works with an electro-magnet, a well modelled system can take that into account and compensate the inertia. Am I wrong? Certainly for faster speeds it gets tricky but looking at the current state it just looks way too slow. If the resin curing speed is not the issue then at least a 2x speed increase would be great if possible.
    Please read carefully what I typed before: it is a combination of factors: cost (laser diode prices increase substantially as they become more powerful, goal was a sub C$100 printer), curing time (the resin curetime is the main determining factor) and accuracy (if it takes x seconds to cure a layer either way, move slower as it increases accuracy)...

Is there a datasheet for the resin?

I've not seen one on peachyjuice, but any UV curable resin should be usable, so pick your favorite one...

You also need to concern yourself with the specific gravity, as it does have to float on the the saline.

Quote Originally Posted by oninoshiko View Post
    You also need to concern yourself with the specific gravity, as it does have to float on the the saline.
    Yes, resin specific weight/density should be close to that of normal water (1kg/l) but definitely less than that of the saline water (>1kg/l)!

Super Moderator
    You'd probably want to contact makerjuce for that kind of info, as they were the ones making the peachy resin.

https://www.makerjuice.com/pages/contact-us

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast