Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    $500 for diy is pretty steep.

And does it work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus89 View Post
    Hello!

Also Electronics (ZUM BT-328 and ZUM SCAN) and Firmware have been released:

http://diwo.bq.com/en/zum-scan-released/
    http://diwo.bq.com/en/horus-fw-released/

Our products will be available in US through Amazon, like for example our Prusa Hephestos

Regards.
    Any idea when the ZUM products will be available for purchase?

I have got about 75% of the parts printed now and an Arduino all set up.

The first thing i have discovered is that the size of the stepper motor was not listed so the one i have which is a kysan is about 7 mm to big for the motor holder. So i may have to print a small bed for the holder and camera mount to sit on to extend it by 10 mm so there is a bit of a gap underneath.

Next is to make the shield for the Arduino.

Quick question for Jesus89 . Are there any plans for posting the PCB layouts to something like oshpark.com. I am trying to figure out if i can just zip the Gerber files up and send to them.

Thanks

Davey

making the shield for the Arduino was the only thing holding me back from using that versus the ZUM boards. I assume you used an Arduino Uno R3? They did list the part number of the stepper motor that they used. 42BYGHW609P1-X11

Oshpark is making the boards for me. They are about $10 each and you have to order a minimum of 3.

I am most likely going to make 2 which means that i should have one spare board.

Regarding the stepper motor it is also what i had in a box under my desk so it is what i will have to use

In the next few days i hope to get all the parts for the electronics.

Ok so i have a pretty good list of all of the parts needed from Mouser as a project.

The only thing that i have not been able to get nailed down is the PTC

The MF-Rxx is the series but i am not sure of the values that are desired. As what should the hold, trip and max current be and Max Voltage.

Without the PTC's the cost of electronics is about $16 worth of components and the stepper drivers from pololu of about $17 and if you needed Ardunio Uni R3 about another $30

I would be more then happy to take a PCB off your hands if you will have another one left over in the end.

Hay Jonzerb

Once i confirm if the boards work no problem. Will just be the $10 + postage.

Think they should be here by the end of next week.

For the list of components i think that this should be correct fro a Mouser purchase.

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager...sID=6952239cf8

I will look at doing the purchase by the end of this week and then will be able to confirm when the boards have come in. Just waiting for someone to chime in regarding the PTC's before i place order.

awesome, my Solidoodle Press arrives tomorrow so once that gets setup and ironed out ill be printing what i need for this scanner!

what did you plan on doing for the scanner table bearing? were you going to use the ball bearing they used or the 3d printed version from thingiverse?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast