Close

Draken SLA 3D Printer

SLA 3D printers and their high-resolution output objects make them idea for creating jewelry and items which require fine levels of detail. Now a Delaware-based company, 3DFacture, say they've designed the Draken, an SLA printer which is nearly twice as fast as the competition and capable of similar resolution. Their new printer is so versatile that the optional HD projector can also be used to project movies. The Draken has launched as a campaign on Kickstarter, and for as little at $1,799, you can get a completely assembled version of the printer and 500 ml of resin to get you going. If you want to read the whole story and check out the campaign, you can do that here: http://3dprint.com/35638/draken-3d-sla-printer/

Below is a photo of the Draken:

Engineer
    looks promising. i guess we will see if it ever really comes to market. i am really waiting for the cost of 4k projectors to come down so the build volume of these things increase to something substantial.

Engineer
    If you're going to design a 4k DLP, care to tell me the general spec you're going for?My teacher is looking for some high end DLP whther it's a DIY, custom made or all assembled. If he is interested in your printer, I'll ask him if he wants to buy your plan.

Engineer
    haha not me. i am just waiting for them to be implemented into home based sla printers. only drawback with them currently is the build size is small. 4k would boost the size bigtime