Close

MakerBot Shows Off New PLA Composite Filaments and More

MakerBot has revealed lots of news this morning. This includes their own line of PLA composite filaments which are somewhat similar to filament like we have seen from ColorFabb. These will include metals, stone, and wood, to be released later this year.

The company also announced MakerBot 3D Professional Services, a partnership with The Foundry and MODO 801, and much more. Further details on all this news can be found here: http://3dprint.com/35414/makerbot-composite-pla/

Below is a picture of some items printed with their new PLA composite materials. What do you guys think?

Actually, I think that their composite filaments will be just as overpriced as their regular filaments are...

I once used an off Brand and it created a lot of hair that stuck to different parts. 50 bucks for 2.2 lbs is not too bad.

Student
    so from my experience:
    If you print using the stone filament, the first print will be marble like, the second granite like, and the third will be a pile of dirt.

Engineer
    if the filament is good or bad, i dont really care. i would never buy anything from that company.