Close

Major newbe help......

Where should I start.......
    I received a printer from someone. It is a no name printer. With a no name board.
    I plan on replacing the board with a reprap ramps.

It is a high end model. All steel. 4 wire end stops. Zero slop on all axis. 150mm x 150mm x 130mm.
    The bed moves xy
    Head moves z.
    The current setup has the end stops on the top left corner looking from above, for both xy. Z is up on top.

OK here for the stupid questions.....
    Looking down on the bed from above. Is the begining of the xy movement start from top left? Does it matter? Basicly, where is 0,0..?
    Also, should the stops be where they are? Top left? Should the be on the min or max slot on board?

I have done some research. But almost all models i see have the extruder move on the x and z. Not much out there for building a xy bed....

I'm assuming that the bed should be moving opposite from what I see because its the relationship of the head vs the bed. So +x would make the bed move left and +y towards you.
    Plz shed some light so I can make stuff. I don't want it collecting dust for too much longer.....thank you.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Odds are that if you posted a picture of the printer and/or the electronics board, someone would be able to tell you what you have.

Note that moving your print bed to the left has the same effect as other printers moving the X-carriage/hot end to the right. There's not much of a difference.

Printers can be configured with 0,0 pretty much anywhere. Front-left or right-rear corners are common. Assuming the printer has something like a USB interface and accepts gcode data, I'd hook the printer up to a computer. Using software like pronterface or Repetier-Host, then send some movement commands to see which direction things move, and tell it to home and see where everything ends up.

As Printbus says, please post pictures of the components you have mentioned. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Also let us know how the printer accepts the Gcode to do its work (SD card or USB cable). What other software came with the printer? What other software are you using to monitor the printer and also to slice your stl files?

The more you tell us, the quicker we can suggest answers, and the better the suggestions will be.

Old Man Emu

Weistek wt2.
    Weistek board.
    USB.
    I have used it before with the software it came with. It works. But with no control over any of the settings. Like extrusion settings or anything. I have it connected to replicatorG. It connects and talks fine. But when I want it to print a gcode. It starts going to the wrong ends where there is no end stops. I have played around with the settings. Nothing helps. Thats why I questioned the stops. I moved on of the stops so that the when the head goes to +x +y max, the stop are there. (Upper right corner).... I have tried to set bed size... I can't get it right. Set the zero. Still. Used simpliry3d and still same. I hit go, and the head drops trying to pound into the bed.