Close

Pbag Portable 3D Printer

Italy-based Giuseppe Izzo has created a portable 3D printer that comes in a smart carrying case and is, all-around, smart. His 3D printed trolley bag, or Pbag, offers autonomy and the ability to truly work from anywhere. The compact 3D printer has a build size of 250 x 200 x 200h mm and is able to operate from battery power for up to 12 hours. The portable 3D printer also offers USB connection to your PC, wireless network, a micro-camera, and can be managed through your smartphone. Check out details on this interesting design, and its recently launched Indiegogo campaign, in the full article: http://3dprint.com/34781/pbag-portable-3d-printer/

Specs:

• Filaments: 1.75mm PLA, ABS filaments
    • Max Temperatures: Nozzle - 300°C, Bed 100°C
    • Nozzle : 0.35mm J-Head
    • Printing Speeds : up to 300mm/s
    • Heating Speeds : 1 Minute

Below is a photo of the Pbag:

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Well i can see at least one major problem on his indigogo campaign.

No price for the actual product.
    The best you can get is to give him 1000 euros for a 1500 euro discount on the actual product.
    But there is no mention of how much the final product will cost.

That's without mentioning that all you see are cad designs. No actual prototype, working or otherwise.

Then there's the 300mm/s stated print speed.
    Seriously ? from a .35mm printhead. And with only 0.05 and 0.1 mm resolutions mentioned.

Until there's a demonstratable prototype and a set price I'd steer well clear.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-03-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Ditto. I smell scam. If they don't have a working prototype, they're not going to be making machines before the coupons expire. Most crowdfunds take at least a year from prototype to production.

I'd complain about not having a price, but there's no reason to believe whatever price they give.

Renderings don't demonstrate they know how to make a working machine, or even a non-functioning prototype. If they can't be bothered to build a rough prototype, you can bet they don't know jack about how to have these made in production quantities.

I think 3D printing blogs could build up some credulousness, because they don't seem to notice the red flags.
    Last edited by JRDM; 01-03-2015 at 10:05 AM.