Close

Punchtec Ord Bot - Clogging help

I have the Punchtec Ord Bot and i am trying to get PLA to work with it. ABS works fine but at higher temps.
    Problem
    So far with PLA it keeps getting clogged. after adjusting temps all the way to 240c and down to 190c at 50mm/s and it clogging randomly at beginning of print and sometimes not till way later in print. Every time i took the PLA out of the extruder i saw a bulging at the end. It seems that the PLA is clogging before it reaches the extruder. ive tried to adjust the extruder up and down from the feeding gear but it doesn't seem to matter. i have also tried 2 different PLA brands from merit line and Zeni Kinetic.
    Any help would be appreciated please!?!

Try with lower temps. Seems that material is melting before it should. Lower it to 180 and try to adjust feed rate.

yeah ive tried temps all over. i read about all metal extruders melting before the hotend. i think this may solve my problem
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

anyone know if this would do it?

Do you have fan on heatsink?

Quote Originally Posted by guysmilez View Post
    and down to 190c at 50mm/s and it clogging randomly at beginning of print and sometimes not till way later in print
    I have never been able to push filament through my extruder at that rate... For short periods of time (like 1/2 a second) my printer can do that because everything inside the extruder is melted. But that seems like a lot of material. I am using 3mm filament. Perhaps having thinner filament (like 1.75mm) might make a difference???

Do you have a fan on the heat sink ? That would explain the heat creep.

i ended up getting a ptfe lined throat to shield from heat. that seems to have stopped the clogging for good.

now i am dealing with the printer stopping towards the end of my prints.

i am using ordbot with QUBD extruder with PTFE lined