Close

Scultptor Creates The 3D Printed 'Robotica' Cyborg Doll

Spanish sculptor Sonia Verdú shared her 3D design for an impressive retro-looking cyborg she named “Robotica” on Thingiverse. Robotica is a ball jointed doll, using elastic bands in her construction to enable movement. Verdú, a sculptor, illustrator, and 3D designer, also created an artful video that demonstrates how this articulated doll is assembled using elastic cord. For the less ambitious but admiring crowd, the artist's doll creations can be purchased already completed on the artist’s website or Etsy page. Check out more details about Robotica: http://3dprint.com/33983/3d-printed-robotica-doll/

Below is a photo of Robotica in a few articulated poses:

"What do you think about Robotica? Is this the kind of project you’d be interested in undertaking, even with all this assembly? Let us know what your thoughts are in the 3D Printed Robotica forumthread on 3DPB.com"

Sonia Verdu's Robotica was the 1st 3-D printable object that really piqued my interest enough to order one from a 3-D printing hub.

Here are the white ABS plastic parts after being painted by me in various strength washes of a pure black Citadel primer. I guess I was going for a Honda robot look. I bought the doll-maker elastic cord, like the little jar of paint, online.

Here she is mostly assembled, only missing an arm.

And finally feeling put together, my first Robotica doll begins her new life's journey. I liked this one so much that I went ahead and had the design printed in T-glass, a translucent plastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images